Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gmail Themes



Copyright © 2008 Miss604 - Rebecca Bollwitt. If you are not viewing this post through the Miss604.com feed then this content has been republished WITHOUT permission. Visit the original article at http://www.miss604.com/2008/11/gmail-themes.html.

While in the middle of my weekly segment on Talk1410am my computer screen flickered and my Gmail turned blue. Thinking something was amiss, I immediately signed out of my account. Once I logged in again I took notice of a little message at the top of the Gmail window - hello themes!.

by miss604, on Flickr">" class="alignleft"/>I know there are many people who do not like change and I can be the first to admit that it takes me about 2 months to try something after John tells me it’s cool and I should be using it.

No need t worry though, there is a “default” setting that you can still use if you do not like any of the 30 new ways to have your email displayed. This includes picture backgrounds, minimalistic (no lines), animations, dark contrasts, and various colour options. Now if only they would spruce up their labeling system.

In case you miss the message at the top of your Gmail account, you can access the theme browser by going to Settings > Themes. Also it appears the switch has not yet been flipped on Gmail for domains and a few other accounts but the Gmail blog says the change will happen gradually over the next few days.

From the Gmail blog: “We wanted to go beyond simple color customization, so out of the 30 odd themes we’re launching today, there’s a shiny theme with chrome styling, another one that turns your inbox into a retro notepad, nature themes that change scenery over time, weather driven themes that can rain on your mailbox, and fun characters to keep you in good company.”

What are your thoughts on the new Gmail options and while we’re at it… are you one of those people who (still) completely oppose the Facebook layout changes?


Source

No comments: