Monday, October 13, 2008

Surgery Scheduled!



Kaiya's cleft palate is scheduled for next Thursday Sep 11th. Kaiya does not have any trouble eating and has not had any ear infections or problems. She is trying to talk but I still wonder if her palate issues are causing her some issues with speech.

She will have an extensive appointment on Wednesday and as long as she is healthy and they feel that it is the right move for her we will go ahead with the surgery. It is supposed to be a pretty straight forward surgery unless there are issues that they don't know about. Kaiya's cleft does not seem to be terribly bad so I am hoping this will be simple. She will spend Thursday night in the hospital to be monitored. They will release her Friday morning. From what I hear the recovery is not horrible. For one month she has to eat only soft foods. Then we have one follow up appointment and we are home free! If you have had a child go through this surgery I would LOVE for you to tell me your experience.



I am simultaneously dreading it, excited, nervous, relieved, sad.... I am really glad to be getting this done. I think it is perfect timing. I am glad we waited till she is attached and feels safe with us. She will be all healed and ready to go before our Disney trip in November and the holidays. This next 7 weeks is actually the slowest time we have had in awhile. I was hoping to get it done this month but didn't think it was going to happen. Then they just had an appointment open up. I wish she didn't have to do it at all but I am grateful that we have the resources to take care of her.

Anyway... that's the scoop. :0) Angel



Source

No comments: