Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Respect for Jackie Chan



I really hate Rush Hour. But I especially hate Rush Hour 2. But especially Rush Hour 3.

And wasn't I pleased to find out that Jackie Chan hates them as well:

Chan said when he made the first installment of the "Rush Hour" series in 1998 he only wanted to test the U.S. market and didn't have high hopes.

"When we finished filming, I felt very disappointed because it was a movie I didn't appreciate and I did not like the action scenes involved. I felt the style of action was too Americanized and I didn't understand the American humor," Chan said in a blog entry on his Web site seen Sunday.

Right on.

The actor said he made the sequel because he was offered an "irresistible" amount of money to do it and made the third installment, which was released recently, to satisfy fans of the series.

Chan said "Rush Hour 3" was no different from the first two installments for him.

"Nothing particularly exciting stood out that made this movie special for me ... I spent four months making this film and I still don't fully understand the humor," he said, adding the comedic scenes may be lost on Asian audiences as well.

The comedic scenes were also lost on me.

"The movie I just shot with Jet Li, 'The,' actually isn't that great," Chan was quoted as saying by the Web site of China's official Xinhua News Agency.

"'The' is a movie made for Americans," the report quoted Chan as saying. "Chinese viewers may not like it. If I say it's a good movie now, then many people will be filled with overly high expectations and be disappointed when they see the movie."

It's refreshing to see someone be honest about making shitty films for a change. But if anyone says anything bad about The Tuxedo, I'll bash your fucking face in.

Jackie Chan was also friends with a young Kevin Rudd.

Respect....fading...
Source


No comments: